9 Aug 2006

Belated questions from Secret Pal Hostess

Bobbi, my Secret Pal Hostess, asked us to answer these questions a couple of weeks ago. we were supposed to have them answered by August 5th but I didn't get to it before I went away and missed the deadline as a result.
I'm going to answer them anyway!

Someone has stolen your stash and all your books: now what are you going to do?

After hyperventilating for about 15 minutes, collapsing on the floor from the excessive hyperventilating, waking up with a big bump on my head and crying for 4 hours, I would then try and consider my options.
I'm usually of the feeling that you can make something good out of (almost) any situation, so my first step would be to wash my face and make a cup of tea.
To calm me down of course.
Also to give me some thinking time in order to get my brain in order.
I would then claim it off the house insurance.


Assuming you don't let the experience discourage you from ever knitting again, here are some additional items that you could include in your answer...What would be the first thing you'd replace? What would you live without?

Well the first yarn I would replace would be a tie between my Noro yarn and my Lorna's Laces yarn. I think at this point the Noro would win, but thats only because I'm knitting with Noro Silk Garden at the moment and loving it.
The next thing I would replace would of course be something to knit with, so throw in my Addi circ's and some bamboo needles. Double pointed needles of course then for all my potential sock knitting.
I would be a bit gutted if all my Rowan books and Vogue magazines were taken, as I have quite a collection from a few years ago when I went a bit mad buying them when I lived in London, so it would be straight onto ebay or to the magazines themselves to see if I could replace them.
I could very very easily live without the mohair yarn I bought on ebay a good while ago. I don't know what I was thinking of when I bought it, yarn stash enhancement fever must have struck at the time.
I don't wear anything made of mohair as it itches the hell out of me, and I have discovered that I dislike knitting with it as well.
I think that a trip to one of the only available yarn shop in Dublin with Noro in it would be in order. I could happily spend a couple of hours in there and think I was only there for 10 minutes.
There you go Bobbi, sorry its late!!

1 Comments:

At 15:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better late than never. It's been a lot of fun to see what everyone would do and what they'd replace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home