9 Oct 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire

Yep its that time again. Here follows my Secret Pal 9 questionnaire....

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?I like a lot of different yarns really. I like handspun and hand-dyed yarn, I like Rowan, Debbie Bliss, Lornas Laces, Koigu, alpaca, almost anything really. I don’t like fun yarns, acrylic yarns, mohair or angora (gets into every facial orifce and I can’t breathe with it!, love the feel of it though… but the need to breathe is probably more important? ;-))

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?I have a couple of straight needle holders that I use for my straights, one came with a set I bought and the second came free with a magazine. My dpn’s and circulars are just dumped into a box at the moment, although a nice box it is, and both this box and the straights are then housed in another larger wooden box. Every now and then I have to go searching for needles as the box gets depleted and needs reorganising.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?I have been knitting as long as I remember, but in reality it was probably since I was in primary school, like a lot of Irish girls. I think my Mum or my Gran started me off and I remember doing some knitting in school. A red scarf comes to mind.I would probably be an advanced intermediate. I haven’t got a problem in doing most stitches/methods, I’m just usually too lazy to do any big projects requiring them! I’m going to remedy that this year.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I have an amazon one, see my blog for details

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Vanilla, clean smelling scents. Have discovered the Yankee tarts a while ago (through a friend) and have introduced them to most of my family at this stage. I usually have one burning if someone comes around to dinner and they always ask what the lovely smell is

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes I have a sweet tooth unfortunately. As I’m Irish, I always lean towards the Cadbury’s chocolate taste, though I have been known to try other things and like them! I love Green and Blacks Organic chocolate, white chocolate and like things with nuts in them. I like marzipan too. I am not very fond of nestle’s, or pralines.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Well apart from the knitting, I do spin a bit, but not as much as I would like as knitting always seems to get in the way! I have been doing a lot of preparatory work for spinning, having gotten a few fleeces during the summer, so have been washing them and carding them and dyeing them. Now all I need is time to spin them!I also do mosaics and some beading, and would like to learn how to crochet at some point, and be able to sew.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Love 80’s music (obviously the good stuff, not some of the bad that was also around at the time). Depeche Mode, Thompson Twins, Abba, The Cure, Wham, Franz Ferdinand, Damien Rice, BellX1, Kaisers Cheifs, Gorillaz, David Bowie, Katie Melua, The Frames

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Like a lot of different colours really, depends on mood. Green, red, orange, brown, pink, blue. Not fond of yellow really, but again in depends on circumstance.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single, with boyfriend of 2 and half years. Live in my own home with 2 terrors of kittens called Ronnie and Reggie

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves: yes
Hats: yes
Mittens: occasionally, but prefer gloves
Ponchos: No

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Baby boottees are great for me, they are quick and look so cute!Also like making hats and quick items, although this winter Im determined to knit myself a cardigan (have swatched for it last night!!)

13. What are you knitting right now?
A friend of mine had her second baby 2 days ago so I am knitting bootees and hat for him, and another friend is due today, with her first and I’m making a matinee jacket for her baby- thought I’d do something special for her as she’s the only girl in a family of 4 boys, and her mum is very sick at the moment so she deserves something very special.Im also in the middle of doing a doll for the babies (from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino2 book).
Swatched last night for the cardigan (from My Fashionable Life- the Bridie)
Have lots of WIP’s also-
Socks for my beau
Kitty Pi for my boys
Lopi tote from Hello Yarn
Do you want me to go on?

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Oh yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular over straight, and probably circular on a par with dpns.Bamboo over aluminium and don’t really like plastic usually, though see answer 20

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both, and they are both a godsend

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Oh God. Eh, probably the tote from Hello Yarn as far as I can remember

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Stash!!And knitting booksAnd knitting magazines

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Books- see my amazon wishlist. At the moment, my biggest book wish is for the Handknitted holidays one, but I think I may just go ahead and buy that myself.
Yarns- well, anything that is hard to get in Ireland (which is a lot!!)
Needles- Pony Pearl dpn's

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Knitting with 2 circulars

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, but I try not to have more than one on the go at a time which is why havent cast on yet for the pomotomous socks….
Size (UK)4 or 37 shoes,
8.5in/21cm around ball of foot
9in/23cm long

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
09/29. I won’t say what year as I’m trying to deny it myself.

1 Comments:

At 03:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya! hmm...i got some ideas from your questionnaire for your parcels ;) can't wait to start the fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home