2 Feb 2007

Secret Pals


This is what I was greeted with first thing this morning. a really impressive sunrise.
In Ireland we say red sky at night, shepherds delight, red sky in the morning, shepherds warning. Fortunately, it was a good day today weather wise,and there is the start now of a red sky at night.
So, thats what I was greeted with first thing this morning, and when I got home, this is what I was greeted with:
Ya hoo, a parcel for me, delivered to next door 'cos I wasn't there yesterday.(Thanks next door neighbours!)
Look at the size of the box!


I've been really spoiled this time. There are numerous edible items, all of which have been sampled by the time I started typing this, there is a pack of glow in the dark sheep (just what every knitter secretly wants!)


a back scratcher/massager which is really cool, and not one, not two, but THREE balls of yarn!There was a little post it note on a few items, which was really sweet,

the Austermann Aloe Vera sock yarn was something that I almost bought when at the knitting and stitching show in Birmingham, and subsequently have almost done it a couple of times since online, the other 2 balls of yarn are from Bendingo Woolen Mills in Australia, the harmony ocean blue one is a wool/cotton with lycra blend, and the burnt orange one is 100% wool.
Both of these are 200g each and I can only imagine what I could make with them!
I'm thinking a lacy wrap with the burnt orange one at the moment....I can't help but likening the two of them in my hands to the items that fill bra's....though they are way bigger than my ones!











Along with the goodies that were already filling the package, there was this lovely card and note, with a crocheted butterfly. Did you make this Karyn? Its really nice!

So....who is this amazing person who has really really spoiled me?
Its Karyn from Hooked on Yarn and she hails from Singapore! Go over and say hello!
Oh, and do you want the container containing the (very yummy) lemon bicsuits back?

The person that I was spoiling is Kelly from Adventures of a Purly Girl. Its her birthday on the 11th, go and wish her a happy birthday!
Many thanks for hosting this Shelby!








Labels:

6 Comments:

At 21:53, Blogger Diane said...

OMG...is that White Rabbit???? The creamy/milky sweet with the transparent rice paper???? Yummy!!

 
At 22:11, Blogger Holly said...

Wow! What a great gift. Lots of cool and cute stuff.

 
At 14:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! My spoilee lives in Singapore and it wasn't your spoilee. What are the chances!?!

 
At 15:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! the parcel made it =) glad you liked the gifts, i had great fun packing it and you are a wonderful spoilee! you can keep the container, i figured it would be great for keeping the tiny tiny stuff us knitters always have (stitch markers, waste yarn, etc). i hope the butterfly bookmark will be useful!

 
At 00:27, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Wow! Lots of nice yarn there! Now to come up with some wonderful ideas for all of this. I love getting packages:)

 
At 14:38, Blogger Robin said...

WOW!! What a fantastic package! Your SP was very good to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home