21 Nov 2006

The Elegance of Swans

I drafted this post a few days ago, and its perfect for dropping in here now.
I've started a new job this week so have other things on my mind.
Normal blogging will resume shortly!
Driving along the canal on Friday, saw these swans preening themselves. I was trying to get a picture of a couple of swans who were in the water that looked like they were peering over the side of the bank at passers by, all you could see were their heads and necks, but the traffic was moving at that stage and I didnt want to be the cause of an accident!
When the traffic stopped at lights I quickly whipped out the camera and took these shots.
Bit blurry, but you get the picture!
There are always a lot of swans along the Grand Canal in Dublin, they are a nice sight to see. The canal itself is a lovely walk, I used to go walking there when I lived in Rathmines many years ago, a place that is one of the hubs of student-land, great places to go out and eat and drink and make merry.
Of course, now it is also home to Holly's knitting group, who meet every Tuesday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 13:15, Blogger Robin said...

They are beautiful...I can't wait to come see them for myself!

 
At 16:25, Blogger Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

Hope the new job is going well. Best of luck with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home