28 Oct 2006

Yum to wristwarmers

Now I know that everyone is in love with Fetching, and I am too, I plan on knocking a few more of these babies out for friends/family/myself.


I am however, a bit swayed by these:



I bought the pattern when I was at the Knitting and Stitching show in Birmingham, along with one 100g ball of their 100% Alpaca. I got it from UK Alpaca. I should be able to get 2 pairs out of the ball of wool.



I really like this pattern, it took me approx one day to knit and was easy peasy, although I felt a bit nervous initially at dropping stitches as per the pattern. I think it could progress into a nice scarf to match.
I think I will pick up some stitches along the selvedge edge i.e. the top of the wristwarmer, and knit an i-cord bind off though, as I can see the tops streching fairly soon.
Its not been cold enough really here to wear them much, although I'm sure that I've just jinxed the whole country into a bitter winter by saying that!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 22:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the wavy-drop-stitch-effect going there! Very cool indeed....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home