26 Oct 2006

E-bay purchase

An impulse buy on ebay.
Its not bad, it will probably house a lot of yarn very soon, and I think it may be a good one to bring to SnB and my own knitting group that I've recently set up in my home town. It has a lot of room in it actually, and plenty of room for long needles.
I'm pretty excited about 2 new store opening up fairly nearby, but both in opposite directions to where I live.
First of all, we have a shop called Borders, which I know a lot of you people out there in blog land have right around the corner from you, but here in Ireland it is the first one to open. Can you believe that? Well the main reason I'm excited is actually because it is going to incorporate a Paperchase, which again is the first in Ireland, and again I know a lot of you are scratching your heads in amazement that we don't have one of these wonderful AMAZING STORES IN OUR LAND.
Well, now we do!
I know where I'm spending part of my weekend.....
The other part of my weekend may just have to be spent here, in Avoca. They have just opened a new flagship store in Rathcoole, which isnt that far from me. This is the store that I have regularly taken my Canadian friend Sherri to, in Dublin and in Wicklow, and she loves it. I do too, they have the most amazing food, and clothing, and throws, afgans, shawls, scarves.
Sharon posted previously about the handweaving part of Avoca in Kilmacanogue in Wicklow, they even let her have a go. Go and find the post about it on her blog!
Anyway, I plan on stopping by for a coffee at least....and maybe a bit of a fondle of their throws....

6 Comments:

At 21:45, Blogger Diane said...

that is a very nice bag...very cute!

 
At 22:17, Blogger Holly said...

Cute bag. Just went to Avoca today. Amazing!! Were is Borders opening and when? Paperchase!! Did you say Paperchase!! Love that.

 
At 23:28, Blogger Robin said...

What a cool bag! Love it!!

 
At 07:52, Blogger tangelled angel said...

yes i thought afterwards that I hadn't actually said where Borders was, and yes there really IS a Paperchase in it! It is opening today (Friday) in Blanchardstown, the retail park where Argos and Lidl are situated. I was there last weekend and it was half finished, had the magazines etc stocked, but the other side didnt look anywhere near started yet! That was from me peering in the windows like a mad woman, drool trickling from the corner of my mouth. Micheál had to come and pull me away saying there were people staring.....

 
At 08:45, Blogger Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

The knitting bag is SO you! Hope you get lots of use out of it. See you at the K&S show next week.

 
At 12:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, love the bag! Thinks the roads will be well worn out your way to Avoca, Borders and Paperchase! Shop envy I'd say!

So, how do you like Beta? Didn't have the courage to make the leap myself. Pros/Cons?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home