23 Jun 2006

A small amount of time spent spinning

OK, I suppose I'm not doing too bad really, considering--> 2 posts in the one busy week.
Going to focus mainly on pictures in this post:

Using a Louet spinning wheel my spinning teacher lent me, lot easier than the previous one I found. The blue stuff is the wool! Blue merino roving, harder to spin than the plain ole sheeps wool I got previously! As I'm a newbie to spinning, I'm sure you can forgive me forgetting the type of sheep it came from :-)
I quite like this result, quite pleased with it ;-)
This is plying the wool on the spinning wheel. I used 2 different colours of merino roving, because I was excited that I had 2 colours to use!
I'm very easily amused.
And finally, a close up of the plyed yarn. I haven't got a
Niddy Noddy (great name eh?!) so at the moment I have been winding the yarn on my Royal Ball Winder to make it into a cake.
No pics of the scrumptious cake, but here's a close up of the plyed yarn on the bobbin instead


Yum Yum, can I have a cup of tea please with my cake?

6 Comments:

At 21:55, Blogger Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

I'm really impressed and it looks lke you are really enjoying it. Are we going to lose the knitter to spinning?

 
At 20:53, Blogger Robin said...

I love these colors together! Thanks for you kind comment on my blog...I'm loving the Gabaldon books already!

 
At 22:04, Blogger tangelled angel said...

No don't worry, the knitter is still there, just taking a little bit of a rest!

 
At 12:39, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Oh wow, That looks freaking awesome! The colors are great together too. You did a geat job spinning!

 
At 15:28, Blogger Villasatu said...

So beautiful yarn that you do! I'm in awe, the colours look fabulous.

 
At 15:29, Blogger Villasatu said...

So beautiful yarn that you do! I'm in awe, the colours look fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home