3 Jan 2007

OOmpa Loompa


Another Elf cap!
I knit this for my sister Ruth, not as a revenge thing (honest Ruth, I thought you'd like it!)-because she likes hat as much as I do.
We were all in the pub just before Christmas and when we were leaving I took out my elf hat and put it on (it was cold outside!!) and Ruth started laughing and started singing oompa loompa from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I turned to my other sister and said, little does she know but she'll be an oompa loompa soon too!

I used size 10mm circular needles using the magic loop method, and you can see the difference in both the size of it and the way the colours fall. The picture on the left is a bit brighter as I used a flash, but it shows the colouring better than the others. The last picture is my first hat on top of the second one, to show the differences. the one on top is also washed and the one below isn't so Im wondering if this is the cause of the colour difference as they are from the same batch.
I left the cast off yarn at the top as I wasn't sure if Ruth would like a pom pom on it or not, she hasnt gotten bak to me yet....



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 21:31, Blogger Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

I have no doubt that my sister would have the same reaction.

 
At 03:02, Blogger Robin said...

Beautiful yarn...is that some handspun?
I hope you take pictures of everyone wearing them! You need some of the curly-toed shoes to wear too!

 
At 20:58, Blogger Holly said...

I have to say, I love the Oompa Loompa's and that hat. Looks really cool on too. Happy New Year too.

 
At 17:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sara i must email you those pics of micheal being an oompa loompa! i must confess i havent worn your hat yet, its hard to wear them all at once! i am still wearing the one you knit me last christmas, its my favourite

 

Post a Comment

<< Home